The PASI project on high-power proton accelerators includes activities related to particle target design.
Output and Data
- Ongoing comparison table of high-power targets.
- Photos of an unirradiated ISIS TS1 target sample.
- From RadiATE Collaboration:
- Pressed tantalum (HIP process) material properties poster by Eamonn Quinn (ISIS, RAL); presented at IWSMT'11.
- Overview of ISIS Moderators presented SNS ORNL June 2013
The target work packages are as follows:
- WP1: Generic tools for high power target development and operation
- Tasks: target monitoring systems, high-Z target studies
- Coordinator: David Jenkins
- WP2: ISIS upgrades
- Tasks: ISIS studies (existing target, upgrade to 0.5MW, new target at 1 or 5MW), ESS studies (5MW green field)
- Coordinator: Matt Fletcher
- WP3: Fluidised tungsten
- Task: Engineering related to flowing tungsten powder target
- Coordinator: Chris Densham
A PDF table of all milestones for the PASI targets UK project (last modified 2013-Jan-14), including schedule (Jun 2012–Mar 2016).
PASI plenary meetings will occur every 4-6 months, with work-package-specific meetings occurring at least every 2 months.
Presentations from the meetings will be available under each meeting below.
|PASI Targets Meetings|
|2012||May 1st Kick-off meeting · August 7th WP1 · October 5th WP1 · October 9th Universities/modelling · December 5th WP1|
|2013|| January 29th WP1 · February 28th Universities/modelling · April 3rd–5th PASI annual workshop ·
December 5th Third General meeting
|2014||September 9th Fourth General meeting|